- This event has passed.
Track your Social Impact: Community of Practice
Join this Community of Practice hosted by Adopting Common Measures Team and make better data-based decisions by tracking your social impact!
*Please note this event has multiple sessions. See dates below.
For Social Purpose Organizations
TRACK, MEASURE and REPORT your SOCIAL IMPACT.
Adopting Common Measures is a project funded by the Government of Canada, helping organizations like yours build capacity around impact measurement. This initiative is led by Social Innovation Canada and the Canadian Community Economic Development Network, with the support of Common Approach to Impact Measurement.
Take part in an 8-session nationwide discussion around how your organization can effectively track, measure and report progress towards the Sustainable Development Goals.
We will be hosting sessions every 2 weeks lasting 1.5 hour each from February 1, 2023 to May 10, 2023. Timings would be: 1:00 – 2:30pm EST.
- Strengthen your network within an impact-focused community
- Access to ‘Impact Dashboard’ platform to consistently track your data
- Learn a 5 step framework through content expert presentations
- Peer and experiential learning to support the process
Upon successful completion members can receive a Professional Development Certificate: “Flexible Impact Measurement and the SDGs”. This certificate will confirm an understanding and application of the planning, measuring and reporting efforts of your social impact.
What to expect? Program Syllabus and Resource List
Questions? Please contact Impact Learning Lead, Alex Applin email@example.com.
Note: The content level for this community of practice is beginner to intermediate level wrt social impact measurement.
Schedule for sessions in 2023:
- March 1, 1-2:30 PM EST: Describe your Intended Change
- (Optional) March 8, 1-2:30 PM EST: Logic Model – Working Session
- March 15, -2:30 PM EST: Use Indicators
- March 29,1-2:30 PM EST: Collecting Useful Information
- April 12, 1-2:30 PM EST: Gauging Performance & Impact
- April 26, 1-2:30 PM EST: Communicate & Use Results
- May 10, 1-2:30 PM EST: Revision & Wrap Up
We will also be hosting Preliminary sessions on Jan 24 and Jan 26 for 60 mins each to understand your challenges and goals better with respect to tracking your social impact.